Tuesday 14 August 2012

Tiramisu Cupcakes

These Tiramisu cupcakes taste divine!



One evening while out for a meal my father pushed a dessert spoon of his Tiramisu in my direction and told me to try it........ I was instantly hooked.


When I spotted a recipe for these cupcakes I was overjoyed, however I couldn't find the perfect Tiramisu recipe so like I do I took the parts I liked best from three different recipes and joined them together to make this cupcake!






Ingredients
80g butter
280g sugar
240g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs
240ml milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

250ml coffee
50ml Kahlua
3 tablespoons sugar

400g mascarpone cheese
300ml double cream
50ml Kahlua
30g icing sugar

In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, butter, salt and baking powder until you achieve a fine breadcrumb texture, like so:



In a jug whisk the two eggs, add the milk and vanilla essence

Then add a little into the dry mix at a time, mixing as you go.

when the batter is mixed you are ready to spoon into cupcake cases.

Cook for 18-20 minutes

While the cakes are cooking, place a saucepan on the hob and add Kahlua, coffee and sugar, bring to boil then simmer till reduced by half and a thick syrupy type texture, place on one side to cool.

I used Camp coffee essence, but you just make up an expresso coffee!




Whip the double cream in a bowl until stiff, add icing sugar.

In a separate bowl whip mascarpone with Kahlua 

Fold double cream into the mascarpone mixture.

Hopefully you didn't forget about the cupcakes in the oven and they have gone a lovely light brown colour and are cooling on a rack,

Now make a hole in the middle using a small knife, I like to cut out a conical shape which leaves a small well.

With a teaspoon pour a little syrup into the well, it will soak into the sponge, 
then also with a teaspoon add a little of the cream and mascarpone topping and place in the well.

I then place the lids (bit you have cut out of sponge) back on top to close the small hole.

Now pipe the cream on top!



To finish I sprinkle a little cocoa mixed with sugar (otherwise a little bitter)

And Voila................ Tiramisu cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment